Cities are known as the most prosperous and populous part of the different countries. But being the capital of a country takes a lot more. The capital city of a country must have multiple characteristics which can be considered as their plus points which the other big cities of the country lack. The capital city of the country should be its trading headquarter and internationally important also. Every capital city of the world does have some unique factor about them. Let’s explore such unique capitals of the world.
Let’s start with London. There are very few people who have never heard the name of London. London is the capital of the United Kingdom. And it is unique in many ways. London is famous for:
- Elizabeth Tower and Big Ben
- Its vibrant and jovial culture
- More than 250 nationalities residing there
- For hosting Olympics events three times
- Tower of London
- Guildhall Art Gallery
- Bank of England Museum
- Leadenhall Market
- London Mithraeum and Bloomberg Space
- St Paul’s Cathedral
- Museum of London
Canberra is the capital of Australia and the parliament and high court of Australia are situated there. Canberra is one of the four cities of the world which were decided to get established as a capital city from the time of foundation. Canberra is a unique capital city. The unique features of Canberra are:
- It is also known as the bush capital of Australia for its nature reserves and surrounding mountains.
- The only place in Australia where you can get a hot air balloon ride.
- Canberra has a NASA base named Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex.
- Canberra has multiple secret underground tunnels and highways connecting many government buildings.
Here comes the capital of China. Being world’s one of the most culturally rich country’s capital, Beijing has a lot of unique features. Here is the list of the unique features of Beijing:
- The great wall of China
- The forbidden city
- The cloisonne
- The roasted Peking duck
- It is one of the oldest cities in the world
- It is the centre of seven UNESCO world heritage sites
- Beijing has been the only capital of six notable governments of China
Moscow is the capital of Russia. It is the most populated city in Russia. Here are the unique facts you should be interested to know about Moscow:
- It is the largest city in Europe.
- The real estate sector of Moscow is among the in the world.
- The metro system of Moscow which has 180 metro stations is recognised as one of the most efficient metro services over the world.
- It has a high concentration of parks, monuments and museums.
- A portion of the stray dogs can commute through metro services.
- Normal drivers stop for the people waiting for a taxi.
- You can have a meal in complete darkness in a restaurant named ‘V Temnote’.
Tokyo is the current capital of Japan. Though it is known that Japan has no capital officially. The Supreme court and other important government offices of the country are situated in Tokyo. Tokyo’s unique features are:
- Tokyo is the largest metropolitan city in the world and 36 million people reside there.
- Tokyo has lots of rules and signs to regulate a healthy city life.
- The Harajuku district of Tokyo is known as the fashion capital of the world and is its street fashion is very popular.
- It is incredibly clean.
- People busy with their mobile phones.
- Washington D.C.:
Now it is the turn of the world popular Washington D.C., one of the capitals of the United States of America. There are many unique facts about the important city and let’s check them out:
- The White House is situated in this city.
- Two American Presidents have kept alligators as their pet at the White House.
- There is a crypt beneath the Capitol Building which was built for George Washington though he had not got buried in it.
- There is a Bonsai Museum.
- All roads of the city lead to the Capitol Building.
So, here are the unique facts about the world’s some popular capitals which are interesting as well as some of them are also hilarious. Hope you all like it.