The concept of situational leadership is derived for organizational behavior and management. The theory is especially revised with the passing on of the leadership cycles for the people. Paul Hersey and Blanchard were the first ones to introduce the idea for the people. The idea is to propagate good leadership in ethnic and professional groups providing the best prospects of shared thoughts and shared values from modern times. This is to model the best forms of teaching with the best user interest and value considerations.
The various aspects of the situational leadership
- The telling session- the telling session works on the specific skills for the people and gets them to have a novice learning in the best sector.
- The selling session-these individuals are skillful and have a good base in work experience but get in the best advantages through the best work allotment programs by gaining their interest through sessions.
- Participation- the participation criteria stay with experienced individuals, they have the ability but lacks confidence while working.
- The delegating session-these individual takes in the lead in getting the work done and has a good base in providing or assigning the best works suitable for the people in one team.
- Regular session-they should be able to conduct sessions to know the well being of their teammates in the harshest situations.
- An honest leader- the team will definitely perform better if there is certain transparency between the team leaders and the teammates.
The work ethics of situational leaders-
- Direction- the directions for the individual is the main aspect for becoming successful and gets the best for the leaders as it is effective in giving the right advice to the masses.
- The flexibility- they constantly need to adjust their teaching styles so that the bigger mass understands the prospects for the same, and the views for people change from individual to individual, these characteristics should be on a global level of dealing.
- Encouraging participation-they need to encourage a sense of team spirit in the people and should be able to deliver the best motivation for the practice of the same.
- The delegation-the situational leaders should be able to manage work assigning and
The self-developmental aspect for leaders-
It puts in the best efforts to get the most of the self development through various programs that include the values of –
- The inner reflection- this includes the individual reflection for one’s inner self that enables the individual to do all the work that is availed by the different sources. This can be positive or negative, depending on the self-reflection of the individual it will change into a positive aspect.
- Self-control- this should be a prime value the people to have the best control of self and
- Self motivation- this is the most versatile aspect that makes one want to complete their task without any issues, this is the most effective form and can be helped with by attaining a higher level of self-consciousness.
- Self-evaluation- this should be an inherent trait in the individual and should have traits that can get the best benefits for the people.
- Self-conscience- the self conscience the main aspect among all the different self characters and enables a person to practice self discipline, self monitoring, self awareness, etc.
The main advantages of situational leadership-
Situational leadership has some advantages that are the best form of practicing leadership traits. They put in a sense of motivation in their team members through subtle learning and task management. This can be a very good practice in the future and can divide the people trying to follow it in a pragmatic section rather than a self-oriented section. This will put in the values such as teamwork, working interest, energetic work enthusiasm, a punctual outlook, and planning of resources for the future.
- They can use any type of leadership style that best suits the situation.
- This is especially beneficial for born leaders that have a positive outlook towards life.
- It is very simplified and has no complications to follow.
- This creates a friendlier and comfortable environment in professional fields that makes sure the employees and the teams are connected.
- This addresses the teammate’s skills and the leader should be very responsible for monitoring the team skills for each and every individual and assign work accordingly.
Situational leadership is all about team work. It is letting the person with the best core competency lead from the front. That is the person best suited for the current situation takes over as the lead for an assignment or a problem or a situation at hand without letting egos come in between. Because at the end win or lose, it goes to the whole team and not just individual members.