Googleplex, the headquarters of Google, which looks like a paradise on earth for corporate workers, where the term corporate monotony is engulfed by the fun and frolic atmosphere created by the company. So what sets Google apart from the rest? Practically, everything. It seems like Googlers have more fun than actually “working”, the reason behind this assumption is the beautifully designed Google offices and the amenities Google has for its employees. Wonder can an office have a gym, a nap room, outdoor /indoor games, massage room yes you read it right; and the best of all a buffet of all kinds of cuisines for free.
The idea lies in the saying all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and there is no room for dullness at Google. The company is a haven for those who have creative and unique nerve endings electrified to create passionate new ideas every day. What sets Google apart is the belief that employees can give their best only when they are given the best treatment by the firm. According to a Glassdoor report, Google stands 8th in the best companies to work for 2019 in the world. Here are all the things that make Google stand in the position:
- Salary – Google is one of the highest paying companies, paying an average salary of $118,000 to its employees.
- Health – doctors are present on site, so there are amenities for employee’s utmost medical care. Outside work too, employees are covered with travel insurance and emergency assistance on both personal and work-related vacations.
- Security beyond life – Google even offers death benefits to deceased employees' families. If a Google employee passes away, his or her domestic partner or spouse receives a check for 50% of the employee’s salary every year for 10 years.
- Helping with education – Google also offers a Global Education Leave program, which enables employees to take a leave of absence to pursue further education. All of this education is covered by Google.
- Granting parental leaves – Google also offers some of the best paid parental leave for new parents. Its employees have paid leave up to 18 weeks if the father is the primary caregiver. Mothers are still entitled to 22 weeks of maternity leave. Google cares so much about new parents that it offers parents one-on-one consultations to figure out their scheduling for daycare options, $500 to spend on baby bonding time and well as four child care centers on one of its campuses.
- Window for personal development – Google has one of the most innovative approach in every way, it propagates creative thinking in the minds of their employee, that’s one of the reasons why getting inside Google is also a difficult task for it isn’t behind academic qualifications rather looks for a high IQ and creativity.
While it seems like a dream to work at Google, one must really stand out to be able to enter this gigantic empire and then sustain it.